Thursday 27 January 2011

Film Styling Inspiration: True Romance

I saw a film on Sunday night called True Romance (by Quentin Tarantino) and the styling really stood out to me and I just thought I would post it on the blog. The film is an American Romance and the title is based on those of romance comic books- and I think this is reflected in the styling as it is very colourful and fun with lots of animal prints and patterns featuring on most of the clothes. The film itself is quite violent and has some dark elements to it but in the middle of it all it is a romance.

I have found this video on youtube of a series of images of the film. If you can ignore some of the more violent images, there are some really good images of Alabama (aka Patricia Arquette) that I think would work really well in our shoot. In particular look out for the red polka dot dress and the pink 'lunchbox' style bag:



by Kate Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment